Here in the Northeast, spring is here but you wouldn’t know it. It was snowing earlier but thankfully, it didn’t accumulate anything! So I’m keeping warm with this Bow-Tie and Bean Soup until spring weather officially arrives.
This is one of the best soups I have ever tasted! It’s healthy for you too. My mom got the recipe from her cousin. We modified it a little bit.
The ingredients are:
Farfalle pasta (bow-tie pasta)
Canned Chicken (or your own cooked chicken)
Diced Italian tomatoes
Zucchini and squash
A medium onion
Fresh or dried Basil
When ready to eat, sprinkling grated cheese on top just adds an extra wonderful flavor to it. You just don’t have to make it during cold weather, it’s great at any time! Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1½ cup of diced zucchini and squash
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 28 oz. can italian diced tomatoes
- 1 40.5 oz. can kidney beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 13 oz. can chicken with broth (or cooked your own cooked chicken)
- 1 12 oz. farfalle pasta, cooked
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil or 1½ tsp. dried basil
- In a pot over medium-high heat, cook onions, zucchini and squash in oil for 3 mins. Stir in next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; let simmer 10 minutes. Add chicken, pasta and basil. Cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.