A moist oatmeal cookie with molasses.
Hello all! If you love oatmeal cookies than these Oatmeal Molasses Cookies are for you! They’re moist and delicious. The molasses is not overbearing, it’s just a hint of molasses. They’re chewy, too, thanks to the cornstarch.
Molasses has iron and oatmeal has fiber so these are also healthy! That’s always a good thing! But don’t worry they still taste good! Another healthy option to put in is chopped walnuts. You could also add raisins, or chocolate chips, whatever you prefer!
They’re super easy to make. Here’s how you make these chewy, delicious cookies. First, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the egg, molasses and vanilla. Then combine the flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Add chopped walnuts, raisins, and chocolate chips (optional). Scoop them on a baking sheet and they’re ready to bake!
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes till golden brown. Hope you enjoy them and happy baking!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add egg, molasses, and vanilla.
- Next add flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cornstarch.
- Add raisins, chopped walnuts, or chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till golden brown.