A deliciously moist pistachio bundt cake with whipped pistachio icing.
Hello everyone! For my first recipe I decided to make this delicious Pistachio Bundt Cake with Whipped Pistachio Icing. This cake is very moist and not too sweet. The icing is the best part in my opinion, I could eat that just by itself!
When I first saw this cake I wasn’t too sure how it would taste. The green color kind of put me off and I never really had a pistachio. Then when I tasted it, it was one of the best cakes I’ve ever had!
It’s a great cake for St. Patrick’s day, Easter, or just to celebrate spring! Pretty much, you can make this cake whenever you want!
This cake is very easy to make. You need a white cake mix, three instant pistachio pudding mixes, (two goes in the cake and one goes in the icing), six eggs, canola oil or whatever oil you’d like, cold water, and milk or heavy whipping cream. I’ve tried both ways and they taste about the same.
The icing is even easier, you need one instant pistachio pudding mix, Cool Whip and heavy whipping cream. You whip it till it’s thick and forms stiff peaks. Slather it on the cake and put some chopped pistachios on top if you wish! Enjoy!
- For the cake:
- 2 pkgs. pistachio instant pudding
- 1 box white cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup milk or heavy whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- For the icing:
- 1 pkg. pistachio instant pudding
- 4 oz. container Cool Whip (half of the container)
- ½ pt. heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios (optional)
- Put cake mix, pistachio instant pudding, oil, cold water, milk or heavy whipping cream in big mixing bowl. Mix all the ingredients together. Add the eggs one at a time. Then mix till all mixed well.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour - cool in pan for 15 min.
- For the icing, put the package pistachio instant pudding, Cool Whip and heavy cream in mixing bowl. Whip for about 3 minutes or till thick and stiff peaks form. Sprinkle chopped pistachios on, if you'd like.